Saturday, March 12, 2016

FISHING IN THE TOP END




Recently, Dave and I were able to go
out 'fishing' with our Pastor and his wife,
just out of Darwin Harbour.

It was a great day of new experiences for us
both and we were very happy we didn't get
seasick (as was the case with Dave's only
other ocean experience).
The sea was calm and the fish
were weren't biting.


So, we didn't actually catch any fish,
but we did have a lovely day cruising around
and taking in the sights.




But, as is all too often the case in the Top End,
in a matter of  a couple of hours,
the weather turned and we were in for some fun!


The clouds gathered overhead,
and it wasn't long before the rain was
upon us. We all got soaked to the skin
not only from the rain, but from the crashing
waves over the bow of the boat.

Unfortunately, I had to put my camera
away as it was getting quite wet :(

I was in my element,
with waves crashing,
water splashing, the boat going
up and down and trying to throw
us out, going flat out back to shore.

Justin, our trusty Captain guided us
safely back into harbour where we were
able to dry off and head for somewhere to eat.



The view from our hotel balcony was beautiful
even for a city! Now, that's saying somethin'!



We were treated to a spectacular sunset..............
(amazingly, it even looks pretty over
skyscrapers? go figure)


And even better,
an awesome lightning show over the ocean.
I almost cried that I didn't have my tripod and
remote shutter with me, but somehow
I managed to steady the camera on the
balcony and get some alright shots.



So, come to the Top End,
you never know what it's going to
throw at you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment