Saturday, April 15, 2017

Umbrawarra Gorge


I know, 2 posts in one day.
A bit much.
But, I have time today....


Yesterday, Dave actually had a full day off!
This is very rare because Territorians REALLY
love their iced coffee, so he can't miss a day
delivering it! LOL.


Anyway, a place I've been dying to visit is
Umbrawarra Gorge. Only an hour and half
north of here. I know, we've been here for ages
and so on and so on.
Better late than never.
Besides, you have to see it in the dry,
but not too dry, or the water is just a trickle.
And not in the wet or you can't get there.


Anyway, I will just post photos and let
them speak for themselves.
(ha! so NOT happening)



We don't get to swim much here because of crocodiles.
Pretty much, if it doesn't have a cement or tiles
base in your water hole, forget it!
It's not safe!
Except here. I hope!



The girls got to get a taste of fast flowing water.


Emilee and Dave stayed nice and dry.
Except when Emilee slipped.
You have NO idea how hard it is to clamber over
rocks with only one eye!
Try it some time. I did and nearly came a cropper!




The cliffs are huge and magnificent!



Okay, so I couldn't resist.
I had to join the girls.
It was beautiful.



On the way home we took a look at a dam,
and only a look after reading the sign.






And once more, I couldn't help myself.
The clouds were calling my name.


Genesis 1:31

And God saw every thing that he had made,
and, behold, it was very good.
And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment